Monday, March 12, 2012

Sales Article on TechCrunch.com

I found this article today while tooling around on the internet to see if others struggle with some of the sales challenges I face. 

http://techcrunch.com/2011/02/05/the-excuse-department-is-closed/

I think this is a very important read for any sales professional.  Why?  Because it proves how easily and commonly this attitude prevails in Executive Management.  This article basically proves exactly why the guy behind the desk should not be managing and directing the sales team and their quotas.  It's so easy to say these kinds of things when you're not on the front lines.

I personally have experienced this quite a bit in my sales positions, much to my frustration.  I always imagine there exists a company out there that trusts its sales team and the feedback they provide... maybe someday.  This is where my desire to pursue a degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology comes in; I think the business world needs a serious slap in the face when it comes to the way that they manage their sales force.

Be sure to read the comments.  There are a couple of CEO's right on target there that bring some light and real-life experience to a naive and un-researched article.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment